Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First of all: I am alive.

Now that we got that out of the way, I guess it's time for an update!

I have been enjoying the summer thus far, even with the crazy weather and everything. One minute it's a tornado and the next it's 75 and sunny without a cloud in the sky. You gotta love the Maryland weather system. I have finished my summer classes successfully, and am working right around 35-40 hours a week. Since my last post, I've quit Applebee's (affectionately referred to as 'Crapplebees') and I've started bartending at Medieval Times. It's a really fun job at a dinner and tournament place where I get to dress up as a bar wench everytime I go in for work. I've been there for about 2 months or so and so far, so good. I make 7.25/hour plus tips, which depending on the night can go either way. We open the bar about an hour and a half before every show and then during the show, we go into cocktail mode and go through the arena and take drink orders. It's taken some time to get used to working in the dark! Here's the website for the company if you want to check them out: www.medievaltimes.com . It's a really good company to work for, it has a lot of benefits for it's employees, full-time or part-time. Tuition reimbursement, gym membership reimbursement, picnics, parties, balls, and sorts of fun stuff.

Besides that, my girlfriends and I are planning a trip to the beach for my birthday. We will be leaving on Thursday August 20 and will be returning August 23.

No comments: