Monday, February 25, 2008

Only 3 weeks until Spring Break....

Oh, only 21 days until Spring Break- where I will be with my favorite girlfriends on the beach in the warm North Carolina sunshine... it could not come soon enough! School is getting more hectic, with exam week coming up, and the spring semester always seems to fly by.

This weekend was a much needed break- I worked early on Saturday morning, was off by 3 and spent the night in Columbia with Janet and Brian roaming around from house to house to Chipotle then eventually to my house to show them Abbey- they, of course, fell in love with the adorable bundle of fur as we all have.

I had Sunday off so I went home and the fam and I went up to Baltimore to see the BodyWorlds exhibit- where they display actual human bodies that have been "plasticized" to show muscle, bones, tendons and all that good stuff. Dad and I were very stoked to go- Mom and Rache needed a little more convincing though. I think we all enjoyed it- I wish I could have spent the day in there just reading everything and looking at all of the models! It was amazing to see how far technology has become to be able to get to see these bodies. Below are a couple of examples from the exhibit- sadly, photography was prohibited so I got these from the web. The first picture is my favorite- the body is holding his own skin!





Today was spent working out, going to class and then I spent about an hour or so filling out volunteer applications for a variety of different hospitals in the area. Tonight will consist of reading for class and then spending some time with the roomie and her boyfriend.

I think that's it! I'll update soon!

<3, onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhLFaXYuGLio5i_POgbB7etkBTOUMZ34E6fnlI7DoHme2Nk7eA29gJx1sNXjooxYHghq7jeJF2VbSrQvTzarLsvN2CmqWKUui459c0Y8iOro4RIiBf-Ki0s_q7qGpDRnIrvzCzS6cQ8fx4Y/s1600-h/bw3-753491.jpg">

1 comment:

Ken and Helen said...

Wasn't Bodyworld awesome? I would love to see it again, and like you, have more time to read and take it all in.

I love your blogs so keep up the good work. Kiss Abbey for me.