Monday, February 23, 2009

What a boring week!

It was a long and uneventful weekend. I spent most of it at work, and on top of everything I caught a bug that has been going around. It was mainly all head congestion but it was inconvenient to wait tables feeling like that. I think I'm finally getting over it now, so yay!

Tonight Steve and I are going to go see Slumdog Millionaire, which has gotten rave reviews. Seeing as it won the Oscar for best picture last night, we're going to take advantage of my night off to go see it. We'll probably grab some dinner or something before hand, it's a rare occasion that the two of us go out and do something by ourselves and not all of our friends. It should be a nice time.

Graduation is slowly creeping up... times and locations for the ceremony have been set. My college's graduation is Friday, May 22, 2009 at 9 am at Cole Field House, which is where our men's basketball team used to play before they built the bigger and better stadium, Comcast, which is where the main commencement ceremony is happening for the entire university. I won't be going to that one because I am one of 7-8,000 seniors graduating this may and the ceremony would go on forever. Plus, that's the morning of Rachel's graduation at the national cathedral, which I would rather go to.

Hmm what else is going on... oh, I won a free happy hour at a bar in Baltimore called 'Howl at the Moon'. It's a dueling piano bar that I was at a couple weeks ago for my friend Lauren's 22nd birthday (we're all turning 22 this year, how scary???). I entered a drawing when I got there and turns out I won it! It's a pretty cool package, my 1st 2 drinks are free and then they're half off until 8pm. There's also a free appetizer buffet until 730 which has nachos and hot dogs and stuff. I can have up to 100 guests which is really cool so my parents are going to invite some of their friends and steve's bringing his friends and of course, I invited all of my friends. It should be a good time.

I think that's about it... I can't think of anything else exciting that happened in the last week. We're doing the countdown for spring break... 3 weeks from today! :)

Sarah

3 comments:

The TA said...

Hey, save the free happy hour until May when I can come and indulge also!!

Ciao,
Aunt Butthead

Cinda said...

YEAH, Slumdog Millionaire!! What an incredibly awesome film. It should be seen on the big screen so that the full impact of the largeness of India is experienced. I wanted smells (well, some!) to surround me as does the audio! It is definately not Bollywood but a thought-provoking movie. Can't wait for you to see it! Also, I was very excited to see that you looked at my meandering blog. Thanks! Hugs, the cousin that is more like an aunt or something.

Cinda said...

PS...get the sound track! It is Thomas's favorite! He can moove!